Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Busy as busy gets

Hello all those 'spammers', visitors, ex-students, current students:

I'm still alive. Apologies for the long absence. I'm still trying to cope with the insane demands of teaching and studying and also trying not to scream at my daughter too much.

Life is tough but I'm still plodding on. The body is not cooperating very well though. I have recently developed an irritating ailment called Tennis Elbow - which is something you can get if you play tennis too much. The irony is that I got it not from tennis, but from my over-enthusiastic playing of badminton with my daughter. Goes to show one shouldn't try to be too sporty as one gets older.

Your beloved Huang Da Man has just given me some mysterious looking Chinese ointment to apply to my elobw. She claims it works like magic. According to the label, it contains some animal parts -- like chicken-blood-something, pig's-teeth-something -- if you do a direct Chinese translation. The English expressions are Caulis Spatholobi and Fructus Gleditsiae Abnormalis respectively. Assuming the translations are correct (highly dubious in this case), can any enlightened Chemistry or Bio-chem bright sparks let me know if I'm using substances that are safe and do not involve the sacrifice of some poor animals?? I swear I will give up tennis if I have unwittingly caused suffering to any helpless animals because of my tennis elbow remedy.

Exam scripts are coming in and I'll be incommunicado once again.

To all those JC-ers and poly-ers: have fun in your new life. Keep in touch and we'll do Pictionary again soon? I can't forget Victor's perspective drawings of a toothbrush!

To all those taking EL exams soon: Muah ha ha ..... :) :)

17 Comments:

Blogger luvangel2003 said...

wat pictionary?

2:55 PM  
Blogger luvangel2003 said...

update my link at luvangel2003.blogspot.com

n...take care :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

omg omg she's finally on again o__o

Anyway, faithfourone organizing bbq again, either on 08/6 or 11/6, will inform you once everything is confirmed =D We can play pictionary then too x)

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's that???

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back mdm sng. Sad to say, I still can't log in to my blogger account. I hadn't changed to the google acc last time and now I can't change. So I'll be only using my webpage for the time being.
Pls, will mdm sng be going for the bbq?

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of f41 blogs are non-existent.
The only ones I can get are xiumei, juyin, jencen, qianlin, joyce, lihua, letty, yangqing, yingling, wenjie, yichang, kwek, nam, junquan, jinjuan, justin, uni, eldon, yilong, wayne, toby.
For some weird reason there are some whose blog just show the title and advertisments.

6:14 PM  
Blogger luvangel2003 said...

tag in my blog ^^ make it looks more full

8:57 PM  
Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

Caulis Spatholobi, old vine of spatholobus suberectus Dunn, family Leguminosae.

Fructus Gledsiae Abnomalis, Chinese Honeylocust Abnormal Fruit is the dried sterile fruit of Gleditsia sinensis Lam. (Fam. Leguminosae).

google it =D

10:01 AM  
Blogger luvangel2003 said...

wahhh...since when yew ngee can bcome a doctor???later all his patients will DIE a horrible death :D

1:15 AM  
Blogger luvangel2003 said...

zzz bored...spam SPAM SPAM...mdm sng,wat abt attaching a tagboard?
like tis v inconvenient...

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with Jencen... Mdm Sng, can you add a tag board pls?


Li Hua

5:45 PM  
Blogger luvangel2003 said...

happy holidays!!! ^^,

5:17 PM  
Blogger Jas said...

yesyes!a tagboard will be more convenient for all taggers.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Eldon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Eldon said...

Hi mdM SNg! hows LIfe SO far ? Great =D

Yeah, F4-1 should keep in touch And hopefully we will Have A gathering Soon!
(Lets GOooooooooooooo to MDMmmm Sng's house for gathering thEN! Brillant Idea rite! hAHa..just joking)

See ya & tAKe caRe!

4:21 PM  
Blogger luvangel2003 said...

CAULIFLOWER!!! >< hey mdm sng, how r u???

11:07 PM  
Blogger luvangel2003 said...

HEY mdm sng...happy teachers day ^^

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home