Sunday, January 08, 2006

Little miracles

I figured I'd better post something fast, or some of you may think my blog's only alive during school holidays.

I can understand once school starts, you get so overwhelmed with work and then your blog just dies a natural death. Well, perhaps I'd show you by example, that it doesn't have to be. If I, a full-time working mother of one, can maintain 2 blogs (yep, I've got one more that's a lot more personal), then surely you young ones with loads more energy and black hair than me, can do the same, if not better.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I want to take this chance to say how wonderful it is when students show up unexpectedly and offer their help. I was busy with the Sec 1 Orientation, and my usual support for this event came from the Sec 1 Pals. But there was just this one task that I felt I couldn't get my Pals to help me. I didn't have time to brief them and I figured they would be so exhausted after the full day Sec 1 Camp on Friday.

But lo and behold, 3 students from H52 showed up and asked me if there was anything they could help me with. I couldn't believe my ears! I asked them if they would not want to study for their Headstart tests. They said don't worry, they could handle it. So I gave them the little task that I was agonising over, still not daring to believe that my prayer had been answered.

* * * * * * * * * * * *
On the day of the Sec 1 Camp, my daughter was ill. I couldn't take the day off to look after her so had to get my mother to come over and take care of her. I discovered later that not only did my mother go over to my place, my mother-in-law was there too. And they stayed all the way till 9.30pm when I went home.
And the two older women also took it upon themselves to do some of my housework. So I got home to find my laundry washed, ironing done, fridge cleaned. Amazing! I was so touched by their thoughtfulness.

Sometimes, you ask for a small thing from God, and He gives you abundantly above all that you ever ask for. I am still speechless with gratitude. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger FixCon said...

Hello Mdm Sng! I agree to that sentence! I personally experienced it not long ago. I wont say what it is. It's too personal. But I ask for something very small and I got something pretty big :P Wonderful God! hehe Anyway, all the best to the years ahead~

11:50 PM  
Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

i aint a christian so i shan't focus on the "god" part and more on you being such a great teacher that you produce students with good attitude and helped you when your really busy, clap for yourself =D

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home