Thursday, November 24, 2005

Pit Stop

This week's going to be a busy week for me cos:
- have just been totally overwhelmed by the amount of work I need to do before I go for my longer trip in Dec;
- there are several farewell treats for colleagues (some of your teachers are leaving if you still don't know);
- a wedding to attend (Mr Ha's);
- Sitec exhibition (just drew up my To Buy list this morning);
- textbooks & new uniform to buy for my daughter.

So I'll do a quick review of what's happening in the F41 blogosphere :
* Most of you have started your blogs and that's made me really really happy :).
* I especially like Letty's blog, because of the lovely pictures and thoughtful posts. I'll give an award to Uni for his indefatigable effort in updating his blog and writing his essays as well. Also another award to Justin for the gentlemanly touch in his blog. Li Hua gets my vote for being the "Gushiest" blog! See how she gushes over Daniel Radcliffe and the other hunks in her life. Song Ying wins the Chattiest Blog Award (can you talk more in English class too? :) ).
* I'm still missing some people, whom I won't publicly 'shame' here but can some of you help do some 'butt-kicking' and get your friends to hop on the bandwagon soon? If they don't have computers at home, be a good friend la and invite them to your house to use your computer.

By the way, we have been cited in another blog. Isn't it exciting to be 'discovered' by other people? I'm sure there are other teachers who are doing this blogging thing with their students so I don't know why I'm being singled out. But know this ah -- if I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me! Muah ha ha ha.....(ok ok, just joking. Seriously, nothing will happen if we don't do anything silly. Mdm Sng will protect you like a mother hen.)

That's all for now. Keep blogging & have fun!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would really really love to know which teacher is going to leave our school. ???????

4:37 PM  
Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

lol, mr wang, he never got the inside story. IF ONLY the school was run by mdm sng, yea, would be fun, too bad its not..btw, wow mdm sng, you mean your the first to ever do this? O_o interesting i would say, go get a copyright, then they will have to pay you royalties for the idea =P nah jk $.$

8:57 PM  
Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

o yea, sorry for double posting, but, you still owe us your pictures from m'sia!*chants* picture x 10^6

9:08 PM  
Blogger nAm-aKa-dAViD said...

I can't change the font in my blog to be bigger. Because the template is like that. One way to view my blog clearer is you click on VIEW on top of the screen then go to TEXT SIZE and choose the LARGEST. You sure will have no problem with reading the blog. If you still have problem, it is time to check your eyes up :), seriously!

9:50 PM  
Blogger MdmSng said...

Hello Glared :
The original sentence in my post is "talk more in English class" (as opposed to keeping quiet), which is correct. "Speak more in English class" doesn't sound right to me, unless you are saying "speak more English" pr "speak up in English class".

Anonymous:
Since you are anonymous, I wouldn't tell you who the teachers are.

Uni:
Actually I don't think I am capable of running a school so don't have such high expectations of me.
I also seriously doubt I'm the first teacher in S'pore to get students to blog. Many teachers in JCs/poly/uni are already doing it.
So it's no big deal really.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

I clicked and scanned through a few of your student's blogs and found that most of them have a lot of content. Most of them seem to be having fun with their blogs. Kudos to you, Mdm Sng for your efforts. And happy blogging to you and your students.

7:13 AM  
Blogger shdwhawk said...

nam, have you tried inserting this tag: < font size=+2 >...< /font >
it doesn't have to be +2, any other number also can (eg +3), but there's a limit. remove the spacing between the brackets.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indefatigueable... Hmm... I learnt this word from Daniel Radcliffe last year! Daniel Radcliffe is my idol... Or should I say, Emma Watson...

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember to watch Driving Lessons by Rupert next year!
Not to forget December Boys by Dan next year too!!!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway, what does it mean by gushiest? Plus, I don't always talk about Dan, I also talk about babes like Emma and Katie. Next person who I will always talk about: Robert Pattinson. All of them have something common. They are all from Harry Potter and is below 20 years old.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi im junquan this is my blog
novengeance.blogspot.com

10:56 PM  
Blogger shdwhawk said...

li hua, I've wanted to say something for some time already, but I think maybe i'll wait until school reopens, and see if you are any different. unless, of course you wish for me to say it here...

And you want to know the meaning of gushiest? Go check the dictionary.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home