Tuesday, November 22, 2005

She did it!

I'm back from my short holiday (details in another post coming up).

But first, let me boast a little about my daughter's latest exploit. I am very encouraged by your positive responses to my P1 exam results. I try very very hard not to be the typical kiasu parent, but believe me it is very hard to stay away from the maddening crowd in Singapore.

Anyway, the reason I'm delirious now is because my daughter has just completed her very first Sudoku puzzle!!

Yes yes yes! Thunderous applause please! It is a kid's version - 4 x 4 grid for a start, which will get progressively more challenging. But I am bullish about her logical thinking skills. Because 2 days ago, she cracked a Mastermind code in 4 steps. You should have seen my jaw drop when she coolly placed all the correct coloured pegs on the game board. Bravo! Encore! Pass me the champagne!

So, who cares about her SA2 results? I think she's got potential. Just you wait and see...

4 Comments:

Blogger nAm-aKa-dAViD said...

Mdm Sng I've put up my blog! Long ago but then I've just changed because of some inconvinient reason. Anyway my new blog is www.namakadavid.blogspot.com

9:20 PM  
Blogger xuanqi said...

hey, madam sng, xuanqi here. my blog is www.thekillergrins.blogspot.com. yupps.

10:26 PM  
Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

sudoku?? I thought its called rubic's revenge? Or am i thinking of something else. Oh yeah, mastermind's all luck IMO. Anyway, good job focusing on developing your daughter's creativity. Maybe she can be an inventor =P we really need some of those to run the education system now = /

5:44 PM  
Blogger MdmSng said...

Hi nacrasis,

Rubik's revenge? Never thought of it that way but good one. Except I think sudoku's more fun than Rubik, which I had never been able to solve.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home