Monday, April 10, 2006

Exhausted & pensive

I am thoroughly exhausted. Mentally and emotionally that is.

So shall not blog much today.

My daughter was sick today and was given 2 days MC. This is her second trip to the doctor's. The doctor had initially said he'd give her 2 weeks MC and I froze and turned around to face him, imagining the worst. "What?? She had HFMD??!!" As it turned out, he was merely joking, except that in such times of medical hypersensitivity, I didn't find it the least bit funny. Anyway, my girl was grinning, sick though she was, cos she had just missed her tingxie today - her most dreaded event in school.

I'm also in a pensive mood, because I'm reminded of how I had lost my father on Good Friday last year. As if my emotions are building up towards his death anniversary, I had inadvertently spent the last few days thinking of him and my mind is running a slide show of images of my father, as I reminisce over the moments we had. I can't say we are particularly close, though I do feel a lot for him, my frail father who talked so little about himself but gave so much of his life for his 3 children.

Shall not write anymore for now. For my tears are blinding my sight as I am left with just memories of someone I love dearly.

Good night folks.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaz.. thru xavier lo.. lol.. btw, just somthing la.. to me, i kinda tink tt every1 is born to die, to wish for imortality is somthing wrong itself.. every religion has their saying of afterlife i tink, of which i dun quite believe in them.. to me, death is somthing which grants me new knowledge - knowledge of another 'life'(altho dead)/phase.. death makes pple rmb their gd things and hardly their bad stuffs.. at least, u've had tt moment together and afterall, isnt tt the most impt part of life? tink will stop le ba.. hahaz..

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay strong girl!

1:15 PM  
Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

o_O rest well mdm sng, hope you get better tmr or sth..
At least your daughter's alright, right? She got no HFMD, don't worry bah =)

PS: AHHH TMR'S THE PRESENTATION!! GAHHH *panicks*

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes i feel tt human life is too long! if everything goes well, of cos all will be well. but i'm sure there r ppl who'd like to end this life soon for it has gone terribly wrong, n look fwd to a diff experience in their next life (if there's next. but even if there isn't, so be it.)

8:06 PM  
Blogger -jon- said...

hey mdm sng!! im so sorry to hear that in your post. >< sorry i was too noisy in class today. cheer up! =) thanks for being such a patient teacher with our hyperactive class =)

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The doctor must have been really bored to come up with a lame, and not funny joke like that.

Take heart of what you have at hand, rather than what you have not at the moment.

That might help alleviate the pain...

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home