Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Mdm Sng rambles...

It's Valentine's Day and I have a bit of time before my *ahem* hot date tonight so I shall sit here in school and type out some of my rambling thoughts.

Oh, I'm sure the nosey ones among you will ask what my hot date is about. Well, it's dinner with my husband, and my daughter. She insisted on not being left out, even though I had told her she could only celebrate Valentine Day if she has a boyfriend. Maybe she'll surprised me later by bringing a partner?? Who knows? Kids nowadays...

------------------------------------------

Those of you who stayed back last Friday to witness the chaotic scene in the hall, I wonder what you were thinking when you saw those who were shrieking with joy, and those who were cursing under their breath when they realised they couldn't go anywhere with their O level results.

I watched the drama unfolding before me with mixed feelings. There was euphoria when I saw the students I personally knew doing very well. Then there were some who didn't and I was torn between giving them a comforting arm around the shoulders and telling them it's OK, they can try again, or just being silent because there really is nothing a teacher can do at this point. All the encouraging, teaching, advising, and yes, even the nagging, had been done last year. Our energy has been expended to the best of our abilities already. And if a student cannot bring himself to work towards his goal, or worse still, has no goal at all in mind, what more can a teacher do?

Anyway, I was very very pleased with my English class last year. They achieved way beyond my expectations. I can't explain their sterling results. I think it's got to do with their class spirit, as well as their individual efforts. They were a very close-knit class, and somehow that helped to spur every member to aim for the sky.

That's why I believe doing well in studies is not merely an individualistic effort. When it's done communally, the results can be pretty astounding. Hence I urge you all to share, to encourage, to lift up those who are weak. Then when everyone does well, you'll have a fabulous reason to celebrate.

Next year, this time, I want to see you all bring the roof down. And saying you have ALL made it, and no one is left behind. Can?

2 Comments:

Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

yay 1st to post =D
Well, lets hope so, I tried switching the normal words to abit more "colourful" vocabs today for compo >.< hope it works, sorry for all those cancellations on my paper, mdm sng!

Any tips on improving compre?

O yeah, heres sth motivating my brother said:

Aiya, o lvls now much easier liao lor, all those got talent one hor, can skip o level le, left those so-so and not so bad one, so theres practically more rice for all of you to snatch.

Well, what he said had some truth in it, since all those RI, Hwachong, etc ppl have gone, we stand to have a better chance to scoring better. So thats no excuse for us not to score well right? Do your best everyone!

PS: Lol my word verification spelt: mDmnG (madam ng)

8:23 PM  
Blogger FixCon said...

Woo~ Valentines Day over ler LoL Anyway, I think it's good to bring your daughter too, where Valentines Day is known to be a day for couple. I think it can also be a day for a family to be bonded together and grow in their love hehe. So yeah~ Hope everyone Enjoyed their Valentines Day. I enjoyed mine at the beach lying on the soft sand and feeling God's creation. Lol

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home