Thursday, February 23, 2006

I need this!

Two straight days of playing tennis with people less than half my age. What was I thinking of? I must be insane.

The last time I played tennis on consecutive days (actually it was twice a day) was, hmm...more than 10 years ago?

But, Mdm Sng is undaunted. Mdm Sng wants to lose weight, lest she gets mistaken for being pregnant - again - by her mother-in-law to boot. In fact, she's so determined to shed those extra pounds that she won't even complain when those students whom she played tennis with made her run like a mad puppy round the court. When those kilos vanish like vapour into thin air, she'll be strutting around the school like Naomi Campbell, in her new wardrobe of figure-hugging togs. This image of a new svelte me is so powerful I'm willing to pound the courts in the scorching sun and risk skin cancer, tennis elbow and heat exhaustion. Yes, there's a high price to pay for vanity!

But more than that, I enjoy the company. It is really funny to see some of you and your antics on the court. OK, I'm not laughing AT you. I'm laughing WITH you, and it is very very pleasant to spend the afternoon with students for a change (instead of the many meetings with teachers!). Oh, and some of your parents too. (Say hi to Mr Seah!)

And now, to fortify myself, I have just downed a bottle of chicken essence. Yes, need the extra boost and energy to fight the young guns in court tomorrow. Grr......watch out! Mdm Sng, middle-aged tennis warrior, is here to stay. Be afraid, be very afraid.

1 Comments:

Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

my arm's not aching(yet), bawahahaha, thats whats so gd about being left handed in racket games and right handed in writing. So are we playing tommorrow? But i've got tuition at like 5pm ish =_= nvm, i'll just train at the squash court. Fun =D

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home