Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Nothing to blog about

This is a post about nothing in particular since I can't really think of any major topic to blog about.

So why should I be blogging, you ask? Well, I'm trying to show you that even when there's nothing earth-shattering to blog about, you can still let your mind wander and sooner or later, something will come up.

Like now, yes, I just thought of something.

Do you think anyone in this class is keen to attend a talk given by a Nobel Prize laureate? I can't remember his name now because I'm not into this kind of thing you see, but someone I met this afternoon presented me with this proposal. Some big shot is coming to town, a very eminent scientist in fact. And he's going to give a talk, about the future of scientific research, and he's going to make it really layman so that even plebeians like me who barely understand static electricity can make sense of it. The talk is open to JC students and other interested members of the public, but because I was so kind as to entertain the organizer of the talk today, he said he could give us 5 tickets.

It's on 18 March. If any of you is interested, please let me know.

See, I've just blogged about something even though I started out saying I have nothing to blog about. Sometimes I amaze myself with insignificant skill such as this. *grin*

6 Comments:

Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

another science talk? i'll pass..perhaps DK's interested

6:48 PM  
Blogger hope4miracle said...

hello mdm Sng..
i'm an ex-gm student. nope, u didnt teach me before. i read ur blog and i'm so amazed... like a pro.. and yes, giving compre tips..encouraging the class.. and 'cheem' phrases here and there.. very good! wished my english teacher was like you.. better still, wished it was you!

i'm sure f4-1 will cherish their yr and work hard with you motivaing & cheering them on. =)

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, not DK. It'll be Lihua who would be interested. AND, we'll get free additional science lessons when she gets back. "yea."

Hairy otter, hairy otter...


shdwhawk

4:53 PM  
Blogger MdmSng said...

Fresh Green Salad:
You flatter me too much! I checked out your blog and your name is familiar though I can't really put a face to it. But I bet I would recognise you immediately when I check the year book.

Hope you're holding up well at home and in school. I may not have taught you before but I'm always open for people to talk to me (cos I love to yak!). So stay in touch!

God bless you and keep you in His care.

9:41 PM  
Blogger MdmSng said...

Re the science talk, I'll get the details anyway and then see if you are keen.

Must extend to those from other class too ok? I can't be seen to practise favouritism (although of course you all have a special place in my heart -- choke choke, let me get a drink first...I don't usually splutter sweet nothings like that..)

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"BTW, where's it? What time and place??? "
SEE? I knew you'll be interested! HA!

shdwhawk

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home